Wednesday 25 May 2016

Feeling confident in your own skin

“To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh
From the time I was a little girl, people told me I was pretty, but I never believed them. Instead, I scrutinized myself in the mirror searching for ways to look better, not realizing that what I was really looking for was a way to be me and feel good about myself.
As I focused even more on my looks throughout my twenties, I became increasingly self-conscious and dependent on how others perceived me. If someone complimented me and gave me attention, I would feel confident, but if I went unflattered or unnoticed, I would return to the mirror in an effort to figure out why.
 but, i grow up not very confident girl. i was a bit chubby in weight. all my friends were a bit thin than i was. so, growing up in the streets of Lebanon, Mabopane, as a big child it wasn't eeasy. imagine bumping into one of your uncles wife, calling you by the name "sdudla" which mean fatty..
that's probably not the most warmest reception ever.  i struggled fitting in different groups..

No comments:

Post a Comment